Why do we need to get rid of mould?
The growth of mould is one of the most unsightly things which can happen in a home. Once it starts to grow then further spread is unavoidable and it’s impossible to disguise. However, aesthetics apart, mould can also be a serious health hazard and it needs to be taken seriously. Removing mould needs a trained specialist in this field.
Under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System 2006, mould is classified as a Category 1 risk to health, which to put it in context is the same risk classification as asbestos. Left untreated, mould can cause allergic reactions, asthma attacks, respiratory infections and sinus problems.