- SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED:
The Firm agrees to provide the following services to the Client under this contract:
- Supply of labour for cleaning services at hourly rates.
- FIRM’S OBLIGATIONS
2.1 The Firm will ensure that all staff involved in the provision of the cleaning services at the premises have:
(a) been properly interviewed by the Firm;
(b) supplied proof of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory references to the Firm; and
(c) have been trained by the Firm in the use of the Equipment and Cleaning Materials.
2.2 The Firm endeavours to ensure that a high standard of work, integrity and reliability is always maintained by all staff and cleaners provided.
- CLIENT’S OBLIGATIONS
3.1 The Client must treat the Cleaner with respect and courtesy at all times during the engagement.
3.2 The Client must allow the Cleaner access to hot water and electricity to enable the Cleaner to fully utilize the equipment and cleaning materials.
3.3 It is the Client’s responsibility to inspect the work immediately after it is completed and to draw to the attention of the Cleaner any such further work to be carried out if it is deemed reasonable to do so.
3.4 The Client is responsible for notifying the Firm at least 48 hours in advance of changes in hours and/ or dates of the Engagement.
3.5 The Client will be responsible for ensuring correct and punctual payments at the agreed hourly rate.
3.6 Unless it has previously been agreed that the cleaning materials and equipment are to be supplied by the Firm at a surcharge, the Client will provide all cleaning materials and equipment for the services to be performed including: (List materials & Equipment required)
- KEYS AND SECURITY
4.1 In the event that keys are provided to the Cleaner, these must open the lock without any special efforts or skills. If the Cleaner is unable to gain access to the premises due to faulty locks then a charge will still apply for the specified man hours arranged.
4.2 The Client should provide special instructions to the Cleaner if they may need to activate or deactivate any office or domestic alarm systems. The Firm will not be liable for the triggering of any alarm system in the case that these instructions are not provided to the Cleaner.
- LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY
- Due to the nature of the service provided, accidental breakage of items may occur despite the Cleaner making every endeavour to prevent this happening. In the event that an item is damaged by the Cleaner, the Client agrees to report the incident to the Firm within 24 hours for the claim to be valid.
- The Firm will endeavour to its best ability to replace or repair any item which has been destroyed or damaged, however in the case of replacing an item it cannot be guaranteed that the replacement item will be identical to the original.
- The Firm advises that all fragile or delicate items be secured or removed, and if not done so, this will be deemed to have been left at the Client’s risk.
- CLIENT COMPLAINT
6.1 If after immediate inspection the Client is not completely satisfied with a cleaning service; the Cleaner will endeavour to complete the task to the Client’s satisfaction to the extent that it is reasonable to do so.
6.2 Any complaints about the performance of the Contract must be made in writing to the Firm within 2 working days of the occurrence and the Firm will take all necessary action, without cost to the Client, to investigate and (unless it reasonably considers that the complaint is not justified) take any necessary remedial action.
6.3 In the absence of any complaints it will be assumed that the Client is satisfied with the Firm’s performance of the Contract.
7. SUSPENSION OF SERVICES
The Firm is entitled to suspend its Services under the Contract if the Client fails to make payment in full after the provision of services or if the Client fails to comply with any of its other obligations under the Contract. At least 3 days notice to suspend will be given by the Firm.
- Cancellation or re-scheduling of an appointment must be made with 48 hours notice given to the Firm. Failure to do so will result in the Client incurring a charge of up to 40% of the fee.
- There is no refund claim entertained once the services have been provided .
- Where payment has been taken before the appointment, and the Client cancels the booking within the allowed time of 48 hours, then a full refund will be made by the Firm to the Client.
- Where the Cleaner fails to attend an appointment, and the Client has made a payment, then a full refund will be made by the Firm to the Client.
- Where the Cleaner is unable to gain access to the premises through no fault of their own, the Client will be obliged to pay up to 40% of the fee for the appointment.
- If either party wishes to terminate this Contract, they may do so provided they give 1 months notice to the other party
- Either party may terminate the Contract by written notice, if the other party commits a breach of the Contract.
- Cleaning 24×7 ltd reserves the right to cancel the service with immediate effect should the company believe there to be a tangible risk to its business and/or reputation.
- If the Client terminates the Contract without notice or with less notice than is agreed, the Client agrees to compensate the Firm in full on demand for contractual pay in lieu of notice and statutory pay and compensation for unfair dismissal becoming due to any Cleaner for which the Firm becomes liable as a result of termination.
- FORCE MAJEURE
The firm will not be liable for any failure in performance of any of its obligations under the contract caused by factor outside its control. Any such event will be notified as soon as possible and the Firm will take all reasonable steps to overcome the problem and resume its obligations.
- NO SOLICITING OF FIRMS EMPLOYEES
11.1 Under no circumstances can the Client subcontract or employ the Cleaner directly, nor can they recommend them to any third party without the prior consent and agreement of the Firm. Failure to do so will result in referral fee of £700 per employee will be due to the Firm.
11.2 During the period of this agreement and for a period of six months after the termination of this agreement the Client will not employ any Cleaner from the Firm.
- The Firm will not accept liability for damage to woollen or synthetic clothing that the Client has instructed the Cleaner to wash and/ or iron.
- The Firm will not accept liability for the shrinkage of carpets as a result of natural fibre carpets being wet cleaned.
- The Firm will not be liable for any odours arising during and/or after cleaning when this is due to factors such as lack of ventilation, and/or appropriate heating.
- The Firm will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Client in respect of services provided or failure to provide services.
- The Firm has company and employer insurance. Any attempt to commit insurance fraud or the any use of false information to commit any type of fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law together by the Firm and the Insurance Provider(s). This may result in monetary compensation as well as legal fees incurred.
- LAW AND DISPUTES
On the occasion that any dispute arises between the Client and the Firm, the matter should initially be raised with the Firm directly in order to seek a resolution.
Reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation and arbitration, as opposed to litigation will be considered
The Parties agree that the Service provided to the Client will be charged on the following basis (delete as appropriate):
- Hourly rate
- Fixed price service
- Daily/ weekly/ Monthly quote
The Client agrees to pay via one of the following methods:
- Standing Order
- Cheque payment – Monthly in advance.
- Bank transfer – monthly in advance.
If you are familiar with your online banking provider there is the option to pay via an instant payment or money transfer option. This allows instant payments into the Firms bank accounts automatically.
Timing for each payment:
- monthly in advance
- per visit
Credit Time Limit:
The payments must be made within 30 days of invoicing and failure to do so may lead to court action against the Client.
Please note that Cleaning 24×7 reserves the right to cancel services without notice due to declined credit cards transactions or non-cleared funds.
Any bank charges incurred due to the Client’s cheque being returned unpaid will be passed on to the Client at a flat rate of £30.00 per cheque.
If payment is not made after 14 days of the invoice then the account will be passed to our collections agency after which a charge of 15% of the original invoice cost will be added to the amount owed. On signing this contract, the Client agrees to this as part of the terms of the contract and this represents the reasonable costs to Cleaning 24×7 Limited in collecting unpaid amounts.
The Client understands that any late payments may be subject to additional charges and that the Firm will claim compensation for any debt recovery costs incurred as a result of late payments in addition to the 15% referred to in the previous paragraph.
This information is required to understand client needs and provide a better service, in a particular for the following reasons:
- the Firm’s internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- from time to time to contact clients for market research purposes by email, phone, fax or mail.
- to customise the website according to your interests.
Cleaning 24×7 Limited are committed to ensuring that client information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, there is in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that is collected online.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts